If you think a leak is to blame for a high water bill, call Billy the Sunshine Plumber for help.
You’ve been taking it easy the past couple of days after Saturday’s Jingle Bell Run. The shorter daily runs have given you more time to catch up on the news, which includes a lot that comes under the general heading of water conservation. That’s made you think about your water usage and the size of your water bill. It seems to have gotten higher recently and, when you compared it with earlier bills, you see that your water usage has gone up.
Now you’re thinking about ways to save water, particularly in the bathroom. You think that’s where you’re using the most water. But you’re not sure where to begin to start conserving.
Pasco County offers these tips for water conservation in the bathroom:
- When a toilet handle sticks in the flush position, requiring you to “jiggle the handle,” the flapper is wide-open. Check that the chain is set to the correct length and assure smooth operation. Running toilets can waste over 200 gallons per hour.
- A toilet is not a trashcan. Dispose of tissues, insects and other similar waste in the trash bin rather than the toilet.
- Turn off the water while shaving, washing your face, or brushing your teeth.
- Install a displacement device such as a bag or bottle inside the toilet tank to cut down on the amount of water needed for each flush.
- Replace your shower head with a high-efficiency version. Look for the EPA WaterSense label for efficiency and performance.
- Take shorter showers. Save even more by briefly turning the water on to get wet; off to lather up; then on again to rinse.
- Catch excess water from your shower to water plants. The same technique can be used when washing dishes or vegetables in the sink.
If you try those and don’t see a difference in your water usage, you might have a leak. The best thing to do then is to contact the leak detection pros at Billy the Sunshine Plumber. Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been in business for almost a century – he was founded in 1924 – and Billy’s plumbing experts have detected – and fixed – a lot of leaks in those 95 years.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has the trusted leak detection and plumbing technicians in the Tampa Bay area. Billy the Sunshine Plumber is available 24/7/365 in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties. Days, nights, weekends, holidays – Billy the Sunshine Plumber is always here to help.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | Leak Detection | Plumbing Leak | I Need a Plumber
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #LeakDetection #PlumbingLeak #INeedaPlumber