You can avoid many plumbing mishaps over the holidays if you’re careful about what you flush and what you put down the drain.
This is the time of year when you like to do a lot of entertaining, You’re organized and lucky, so most of your events run pretty smoothly. But you had a close call over the weekend. You’d invited some friends over after attending the tree lighting. The get together ran smoothly, but later that evening – after people left – your toilet clogged. You’re just glad it happened after your guests left.
You’re not the only one who had problems. The holidays are notorious for plumbing problems caused in part by heavier usage than normal and guests putting things in the toilets or drains that shouldn’t be there.
Newscenter1.tv offers several tips to help you avoid clogs and blockages during this holiday season. Among their tips:
- Avoid putting FOG – fats, oils and grease – into your sink, garbage disposal, or toilet. They can solidify and cause a blockage.
- Don’t pour turkey drippings down the sink, even one pan of drippings can completely clog your drain pipe.
- Don’t rinse butter or heavy whipping cream down the sink as it can solidify your drain pipe and sewer line, causing blockages.
- Pouring gallons of oil from a deep fryer can damage plumbing and lead to a sewer overflow.
- Instead of pouring fats, oils and greases down sink, toilet or storm drains, pour the liquids into a container, sealing and disposing of the container.
- Pots, pans and dishes can be wiped down with a dry paper towel before rinsing or washing.
2. Flush nothing but toilet paper. Those “flushable” wipes may disappear from the toilet bowl, but they can form clogs in your pipes.
That said, sometimes clogs happen no matter how careful you try to be. If that’s the case and you’re unable to clear the clogs by yourself, it’s time to call the trusted plumbers at Billy the Sunshine Plumber for help.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been the Tampa Bay 24-hour plumber of choice since 1924 when he first opened for business. Billy the Sunshine Plumber is open 24/7/365 in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties. Days, nights, weekends, or holidays, Billy the Sunshine Plumber is always here for you even on Christmas Day.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | I Need a Plumber | 24-Hour Plumber | Plumber Near Me | Plumber | Clog
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #INeedaPlumber #PlumberNearMe #Plumber #Clog #24HourPlumber