If your plumbing clogs up and you can’t fix it by yourself, call the 24-hour plumbers at Billy the Sunshine Plumber for help.
You took the kids to see Lightupcitrus last night. But instead of oohing and aahing over the lights, you were thinking about ways to speed up your slow drains once and for all.
“In the short term, drains can become blocked by an excessive amount of solid waste, a foreign object that’s too large to pass or grease that settles in the trap. Over the long term, clogging can be caused by biofilm or fungal growth in piping, the settling of particulate matter and the buildup of materials such as food and hair,” according to hgtv.com. “But there are many measures you can take to prevent or fix drain-system problems.”
Hgtv.com offers these tips to help keep your sink and lavatory drains clean and free of clogs:
- “Don’t put grease down the kitchen drain. Pour cooking grease into an empty coffee can or something similar. When it becomes full, toss it in the trash.
- “Uncooked carrot and potato peels, broccoli stems, corn cobs or husks, asparagus and other fibrous fruits and vegetables are best disposed of in a compost pile or the trash. Don’t put them in the garbage disposal.
- “Don’t wash coffee grounds, tea bags or egg shells down the drain. Remove paper and toss the rest in the compost pile or the trash.
- “Pasta and rice may not pass through the garbage disposal. Add it to the disposal slowly while running water. They, too, are best disposed of in the compost pile or the trash.
- “Minimize the amount of food put down the kitchen drain. Follow with water to flush the pipes.
- “Don’t put materials that don’t decompose down any drain.
- “Don’t allow hair to go down the lavatory drain if possible. Dispose of it in the trash.
- “Improve the performance of your drain system by regularly applying a mixture of baking soda and vinegar or an organic-type drain cleaner.
- “Periodically fill the sink with water and then release it to flush your piping.
- “Don’t use harsh drain cleaners. They’re poisonous, give off harmful fumes when used, can harm skin and eyes and can corrode garbage disposals and brass, steel, ‘metal’ and cast-iron traps and drainpipes.”
Of course, no matter how careful you are, sometimes you may get a clog. If that happens and you can’t get rid of it by yourself, then call the trusted 24-hour plumbers at Billy the Sunshine Plumber for help.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been the Tampa Bay 24-hour plumber of choice since 1924 when he first opened for business. Billy the Sunshine Plumber is open 24/7/365 in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties. Days, nights, weekends, or holidays, Billy the Sunshine Plumber is always here for you, even on Christmas and other holidays.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | I Need a Plumber | Plumber Near Me | Plumber | Clog | Drain Cleaning
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #INeedaPlumber #PlumberNearMe #Plumber #Clog #DrainCleaning