The fats, oils, butters, grease and other ingredients in holiday cooking can clog drains and sewers. If they do, call Billy the Sunshine Plumber – he’s here for you even on Christmas Day.
It’s your favorite time of the year. You love having friends and family over during the holidays. And you especially like cooking for them, from gooey baked goodies to turkey dinners with all the trimmings. Not only do you like the cooking, you like visiting all the green markets to pick out the freshest and best ingredients.
A lot of people like to cook and entertain around holiday time. But that can have its downsides if they’re not careful about properly disposing of the grease, butter, celery, and other ingredients that go into making those delectable meals and goodies. Celery and certain other foods can clog up garbage disposals. And grease, for example, can cause clogs, according to a warning from the city of Arcata, CA.
“As delicious as these foods may be, they are prepared with fats, oils, butter and grease which can wreak havoc on drains and the city’s waste water system if not disposed of properly,” Arcata says. “When residents pour fats, oils or grease down a sink or toilet, it increases the chances for clogged drains resulting in costly plumbing problems.”
Arcata offers these tips to help you avoid drain and plumbing clogs:
- Avoid pouring cooking grease down the sink or toilet.
- Avoid placing food that contains fat, oil and grease into the garbage disposal.
- Wipe greasy dishes and pots with a paper towel or napkin to absorb cooking oil before washing them in the sink.
- Scrape vegetable scraps from dishes for composting, and scrape greasy food residue into the garbage prior to washing dishes in the sink.
- Cooled and solidified cooking grease or oil should be placed in a sealed container and stored in the freezer until it has hardened, and then, put in a solid waste garbage bin. Alternatively, pour fats and oils into cat litter until it is absorbed and dispose the litter into the trash.
Of course, no matter how hard you try, you might still get a clogged drain, pipe, or malfunctioning garbage disposal. If that happens, there’s no need to stress out, just call the drain cleaning experts at Billy the Sunshine Plumber. Yes, call Billy the Sunshine Plumber even if it’s on Christmas Day or at some weird hour of the morning.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been the trusted plumbing pro in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus county since he opened for business almost 100 years ago in 1924. Billy the Sunshine Plumber is available 24/7/365. That’s right, Billy the Sunshine Plumber is here to help you days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Even on Christmas, Billy the Sunshine Plumber can help with that.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | Clogged Drain | Slow Drain | I Need a Plumber
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #CloggedDrain #SlowDrain #INeedaPlumber