Plumbing leaks waste water and money. If you have a plumbing leak, call Billy the Sunshine Plumber for help.
The city of Clearwater has sent out a notice to let folks know that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has declared this week – March 15-21 – to be Fix a Leak Week.
“On average, American households can waste more than 10,000 gallons of water each year to running toilets, dripping faucets and easy-to-fix leaks,” according to the city. “Repairing leaks to save water helps the environment and saves money through lower water bills.”
Clearwater says you should know these facts about plumbing leaks:
- Ten percent of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons or more per day.
- A shower head leaking at 10 drips per minute wastes more than 500 gallons per year. That’s enough water to wash 60 loads of dishes in your dishwasher.
- A leaky faucet that drips at the rate of one drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons per year.
- Common types of leaks found in the home include leaking toilet flappers, dripping faucets and other leaking valves. All are easily correctable.
- Fixing easy-to-repair household water leaks can save homeowners about 10 percent on their water bills.
- Keep your home leak free by repairing dripping faucets, toilet valves and shower heads.
- The majority of leaks can be eliminated after retrofitting with new fixtures and high-efficiency appliances. Check your plumbing fixtures and irrigation systems for leaks that waste water, too.
- In too many cases, a normal $120 to $130 monthly water bill can jump to $1,300 or higher, due to an “occasionally” leaking toilet.
- The amount of water leaked from American homes nationwide could exceed more than one trillion gallons per year. That’s equal to the annual household water use in more than 11 million homes.
If you suspect you have a leak but you’re not sure how to find one, it’s time to call the leak detection specialists at Billy the Sunshine Plumber. The trusted plumbing technicians at Billy the Sunshine Plumber can also repair any leaks your home might have.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been the go-to company for plumbing repairs, maintenance and upgrades since opening almost 100 years ago in 1924. Billy the Sunshine Plumber is the trusted plumber of choice in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties where he is available 24/7/365. Days, nights, weekends, holidays, anytime – Billy the Sunshine Plumber is always here for you.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | 24-Hour Plumber | Leak Detection | Leak Repair | I Need a Plumber | Plumber Near Me
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #24HourPlumber #LeakDetection #LeakRepair #INeedaPlumber #PlumberNearMe