When it comes to preparing for hurricanes, plumbing should be on your list. Billy the Sunshine Plumber can help with that.
The Tampa Bay area has been incredibly lucky at avoiding a direct hit by any hurricane much less a major storm. But most experts agree we’re not going to be lucky forever. And with NOAA’s raising its prediction on the number of named storms to expect this year, it’s time for Tampa Bay home- and business owners to prepare. Just in case.
When preparing, don’t forget your plumbing. Prooudgreenhome.com offers these suggestions when it comes to getting your plumbing ready for a hurricane or flooding conditions:
- Check all downspouts and roof gutters to ensure they are securely fastened, free of debris and draining properly.
- Make sure yard culverts and street drains are free of debris and can carry water away as fast as possible.
- Consider installing a battery back-up pump that will operate in the event of a power failure.
- Inspect all floor drains throughout the house, including those in the garage, driveway, and basement.
- If there is enough advanced warning of the emergency, assure the freshest water supply by flushing the tank and allowing it to refill with clean water.
If you find clogs, or need a backup pump, or find any other issue with your plumbing (or you’d just prefer a professional do the checking for you), call the plumbing pros at Billy the Sunshine Plumber. Billy Sunshine has been clearing clogs, finding and repairing leaks, and upgrading plumbing since 1924. Billy Sunshine is available 24/7/365 – nights, weekends, holidays – in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties. Billy is always here for you.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | Hurricane Preparedness | Plumbing | Clogs | Drains | Drain Cleaning
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #HurricanePreparedness #Plumbing #Clogs #Drains #DrainCleaning