Pets are a wonderful part of the family, but sometimes their hair can cause plumbing problems. Billy the Sunshine Plumber can help with that!
You love your pets and wouldn’t get rid of them for anything. One of your favorite things is to take them places that you can both enjoy, like Honeymoon Island State Park. But, you have to admit that, sometimes, they cause extra work around the house. That’s especially true with their hair clogs up your plumbing whether it’s a drain or your washing machine.
“Dogs shed their winter coat this time of year, making way for a lighter summer coat. Removing all that pet hair from your bedding, clothes, or the pet’s bed can be a real chore—for you and your washing machine,” consumerreports.org says.
Consumerreports.org adds, “The mix of water and pet hair results in clumps that stick to fabrics and the sides of the washer drum, and that clog drain pumps. The wet clumps of hair can prevent water from draining properly, stressing your home’s plumbing. That’s why it’s important to reduce the amount of pet hair on your bedding and clothing before you put the laundry into the washer.”
Your best solution is to prevent the hair from getting into your washer and plumbing system in the first place. Consumerreports.org suggests you brush your pet daily to get rid of the loose hair and to keep it from landing on your clothes, their bedding, or other places around the house.
Consumerreports.org also offers these tips to keep the hair out of your plumbing:
- “For clothes, the best way to remove hair is with a lint roller or masking tape.
- “For your bedding, put on a rubber glove, dampen it with water, and run your hand over the sheet or blanket. The hair will cling to the glove, and you can more easily gather it and throw it away.
- “When you’ve removed as much hair as possible [from your bedding], follow these steps: Before washing, run clothes or bedding through a 10-minute no-heat dryer cycle. This loosens the pet hair, which winds up in the lint trap. Throw in a dryer sheet, because any static buildup can keep hair bonded to fabric. Take the items out of the dryer, give them a good shake to remove any remaining pet hair, then toss them in the washer. (Clean the lint filter after every load, and the dryer duct annually, or more often if you notice your dryer is taking longer. That might happen if you regularly put your dog’s bed in the dryer). Add a half-cup of white vinegar to the machine’s rinse cycle. Vinegar is a natural fabric softener that helps relax fabrics and loosen the pet hair.
- “Clean your washer by running a wash cycle without laundry. After the cycle ends, wipe down your washer tub with a wet cloth.
- “When washing your pet’s bedding, try the heavy-soil setting when things are messy. And for rinsing away stubborn pet hair, use the extra rinse cycle.”
If you do get a clog and need help to clear it, then call the trusted Tampa Bay plumbing pros at Billy the Sunshine Plumber.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been the Tampa Bay 24-hour plumber of choice since 1924 when he first opened for business. Billy the Sunshine Plumber is open 24/7/365 in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties. Days, nights, weekends, or holidays, Billy the Sunshine Plumber is always here for you.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | I Need a Plumber | 24-Hour Plumber | Plumber Near Me | Plumber | Clog | Drain Cleaning
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #INeedaPlumber #PlumberNearMe #Plumber #Clog #DrainCleaning #24HourPlumber