Prevention is the best cure for plumbing clogs. But if you do get a clog or blockage you can’t handle, Billy the Sunshine Plumber is here to help.
The last thing you wanted to do when you got back from kayaking at Weedon Island was to take a plunger to get your kitchen sink flowing again. It seems that, recently, you keep having to clear clogs and blockages from your sinks, tubs and showers. Frankly, you’re sick of it.
“Clogged drains are a common home plumbing problem, especially during the warmer months when we take more showers. The culprit is often hair that goes down the drain, but it’s not the only cause. Knowing how to prevent clogged drains will help keep your plumbing system in good shape,” accordig to ahs.com.
Ahs.com offers these tips to help keep your drains clear:
- “Keep food, coffee grounds and grease out of kitchen drains.
- “Put leftover food in the trash or compost heap, not the garbage disposal.
- “Pour liquid grease into a sealable container. After it cools, put it in the trash or take it to a recycling center.
- “Keep hair and soap scum out of bathroom drains. …
- “Brush your hair before you shower or take a bath.This process removes loose hair and keeps it from clogging the shower drain. If you must bathe your dog in the tub or shower, place a washcloth over the drain. The amount of hair a dog sheds during a bath can even clog your regular shower drain hair catcher.
- “Watch what you flush. Toilets are designed to handle human waste and toilet paper. Flushing dense, stringy or bulky materials can cause a clog.
- “Dental floss, feminine hygiene products and other household waste should go in the trash instead.”
Of course, no matter how careful you are, sometimes clogs happen. If you do get a clog or blockage you can’t clear, then it’s time to call the plumbing pros at Billy the Sunshine Plumber.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been the Tampa Bay 24-hour plumber of choice since 1924 when he first opened for business. Billy the Sunshine Plumber is open 24/7/365 in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties. Days, nights, weekends, or holidays. Billy the Sunshine Plumber is always here for you, even on holidays.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | Clog | Plumbing Emergency | I Need a Plumber | 24-Hour Plumber | Plumber Near Me | Plumber
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #PlumbingEmergency #INeedaPlumber #PlumberNearMe #Plumber #24HourPlumber