While you’re making your list of New Year’s resolutions, be sure to include plumbing maintenance. Billy the Sunshine Plumber can help with that.
You’re looking forward to First Night in St. Pete. But you’re also considering that annual chore of looking ahead and making resolutions to help you in the year ahead. You know the typical things like losing weight, getting in shape, or both. Most of those resolutions don’t last through the end of January.
But one resolution you should make and also keep is a vow to make sure your plumbing is properly maintained. As houselogic.com says, “Giving your plumbing a little regular attention can prolong its life, prevent leaks, and avoid costly repairs.”
Houselogic.com offers these tips for maintaining your plumbing:
- Avoid drain-clearing products. Houselogic.com explains, “Clogged drains are the most common home plumbing problem, and you can buy chemicals to clear them. But these products sometimes do more harm than good. They can actually erode cast-iron drainpipes. And because they typically don’t remove the entire clog, the problem is likely to recur, causing you use the chemicals repeatedly.” In the end, they can cause leaks if the pipes erode sufficiently. It’s better to hire a plumbing pro to snake your drains.
- Reduce the pressure in your pipes. High water pressure can stress your pipes, increasing the likelihood of a leak.
- Keep your sewer lines or septic tank clear.
- “Never use an exposed pipe as a hanger rod for laundry. Doing so can loosen joints and fasteners.
- “Fix problems quickly. Even small leaks can make pipes corrode more quickly, and cause significant water damage or mold.”
If you need help with any of these chores. Or if, in spite of everything, you do have a plumbing problem, call the Tampa Bay plumbing experts at Billy the Sunshine Plumber.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been the trusted plumbing pro in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus county since he opened for business almost 100 years ago in 1924. Billy the Sunshine Plumber is available 24/7/365. That’s right, Billy the Sunshine Plumber is here to help you days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Even on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, Billy the Sunshine Plumber can help with that.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | Clogged Drain | Slow Drain | I Need a Plumber
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #CloggedDrain #SlowDrain #INeedaPlumber