If you think a leak is causing your water bill to be high, call Billy the Sunshine Plumber for help in tracking down and fixing the problem.
You were relaxed when you got back from your bike ride along the Suncoast Trail. But that didn’t last long once you opened your water bill to find it – and your water usage – had increased. After you got over the sticker shock, you began wondering why your water use had gone up because you haven’t had guests or changed any of your usual routine where water usage is concerned.
There are many reasons for a spike in your water bill, according to the city of Davison, MI. Possible reasons include:
- A leaking toilet, or a toilet that continues to run after being flushed
- A dripping faucet; a faucet drip can waste 20 gallons of water a day or more
- Filling or topping off a swimming pool or hot tub
- Watering the lawn, new grass, or trees; also check for an open hose spigots
- Humidifiers attached to the furnace that are improperly adjusted or not working correctly
- Sump pumps that have water powered back up
- Kids home for summer vacations or school holidays; guests
- Water‐cooled air conditioners
- A broken water pipe or obvious leak; check the pipes in the basement or crawlspace; the water heater could also be leaking
- Water softener problems – cycles continuously
“An unusually high water bill is most often caused by a leak or change in water use,” according to Davison. “Leaks, whether unseen or unfixed, can waste hundreds and even thousands of gallons of water. It is
important to routinely check your plumbing and home for leaky faucets, toilets, and outside taps and irrigation lines.”
Davison adds, “Leaks can also occur in harder to find places, such as under your home, crawl spaces. Also, check outdoor spigots and irrigation systems, and look for wet spots in your yard, which may indicate a leak. … The most common cause for a high water bill is running water from your toilet. A continuously running toilet can waste up to 200 gallons a day or more depending on the volume flow down the drain. This can cause a terrible increase to a family’s typical water use, so fix toilet leaks as soon as possible. Some leaks are easy to find, such as a dripping faucet or running toilet. You can usually hear a running toilet, but not
If your water bill is unusually high and you can’t figure out why, you should call a trusted plumber experienced in leak detection and leak repair. You can find such a plumber at Billy the Sunshine Plumber.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been the go-to plumber for Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties since 1924. Billy the Sunshine Plumber has repaired a lot of leaks in that almost-century of business.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber is here to help you 24/7/365. Evenings, weekends, holidays, or during COVID-19 lockdown, Billy the Sunshine Plumber is always here to help you.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | Plumbing Leaks | Leak Detection | Leak Repair | I Need a Plumber | Plumber Near Me
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #PlumbingLeaks #LeakDetection #LeakRepair #INeedaPlumber #PlumberNearMe