Regular maintenance will help you avoid plumbing problems in your home.
You walked in the door after taking the kids to Sunwest Park to find a flooded kitchen. One of the water pipes had burst. You wanted to sit down and cry from the frustration. Instead, you grabbed a bucket and a mop to start cleaning up while waiting for the plumber to arrive.
Plumbing issues – like other problems facing homeowners – never happen at a good time. But, like many other problems, you can do things to help prevent those unexpected plumbing emergencies. Things like maintaining your plumbing.
Angie’s List offers these six tips to help prevent serious plumbing problems:
- Watch for leaks: “Small water leaks can and often do lead to big problems. Be alert to signs that more trouble may be on the way. Leaking faucets, damp cabinets, rocking toilets or dripping refrigerators are all symptoms that require fast and decisive action,” according to Angie’s List.
- Repair small problems before they become large problems.
- Know how to respond to overflows: “If water is gushing from your sink, toilet or anywhere else, locate your home’s main shut-off valve for the water supply. If it’s in a dark, hidden or hard-to-reach place, gather any tools you’ll need for a quick shut off and store them nearby,” Angie’s List advises.
- Know how to shut off water and appliances.
- Know your pipe material: “Know what material was used in constructing your pipes. If your home was built before 1970, you may have galvanized iron pipes that can eventually rust and corrode, causing the water pressure to drop and a brown tint to appear. When this happens, the pipes must be replaced by an experienced plumbing specialist,” says Angie’s List.
- Learn how to fix small problems.
You should also keep handy the name and phone number of a reliable plumber, like the trusted plumbing pros at Billy the Sunshine Plumber.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been the Tampa Bay plumber of choice since 1924 when he first opened for business. Billy the Sunshine Plumber is open 24/7/365 in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties. Days, nights, weekends, or holidays, Billy the Sunshine Plumber is always here for you.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | I Need a Plumber | Plumber Near Me | Plumber
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #INeedaPlumber #PlumberNearMe #Plumber