Routine maintenance will keep your water heater running at peak performance. Billy the Sunshine Plumber can help you with that!
A water heater is one of those many fixtures in your home that you rely on to perform when needed. Yet, you likely don’t think about it very often unless it malfunctions and delivers a cold shower instead of a nice warm one. But you can generally avoid such rude awakenings with a bit of maintenance, according to houselogic.com,
- Adjust the thermostat to 120 degrees. “You’ll save up to 5 percent in energy costs for every 10 degrees you lower the temperature, plus you’ll reduce the risk of scalding,” houselogic.com says.
- Keep at least two feet of clearance around the water heater unless the owner’s manual states something different.
- “Drain about a quarter of the tank a few times a year to remove sediment and debris. Turn off the cold water supply, hook up a garden hose to the drain valve, then run into a bucket until the water is clear. If the water remains cloudy, briefly open the water supply valve to stir up remaining sediment, and drain the tank again. This also makes the unit operate more quietly.”
- Test the temperature relief valve once a year.
- “Examine the sacrificial anode rod every three years by loosening the hex head screw and removing it. Replace the rod if more than 6 inches of the core steel wire is exposed, the rod is less than 1/2 inch thick, or the rod is coated with calcium.”
If all is well, then head off to do something fun, like visit the animals at the Wildlife Survival Sanctuary. If you run into any problems that you can’t handle – or if you’d simply rather hand off the chore to someone else – call Billy the Sunshine Plumber.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been the go-to company for plumbing repairs, maintenance and upgrades since opening almost 100 years ago in 1924. Billy the Sunshine Plumber is the trusted plumber of choice in Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties where he is available 24/7/365. Days, nights, weekends, holidays, anytime – Billy the Sunshine Plumber is always here for you.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | 24-Hour Plumber | Water Heater | Tankless Water Heater | I Need a Plumber | Plumber Near Me
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #24HourPlumber #WaterHeater #TanklessWaterHeater #INeedaPlumber #PlumberNearMe