If you have a plumbing leak or think you might have a plumbing leak, call the leak detection and leak repair specialists at Billy the Sunshine Plumber.
Yesterday was a long day. You took the kids to the new playground at Amberlea Park then had to do some grocery shopping, which is always difficult these days. When you got home, you fixed dinner and finally got the kids bathed and in bed. You collapsed on the living room couch to watch some TV. Then you looked up and saw a big brown water stain.
You hauled out the ladder and touched the stain to discover it was damp. Sure enough, you have a leak of some sort.
Your first though was that the leak might be from the roof and is an indication that some of the water from the heavy rains we’ve had recently are getting into the house. Then you began wondering if maybe you have a plumbing leak.
There is a way to tell the difference, according to thespruce.com.
Roofing system leaks have several characteristics. According to thespruce.com:
- “The leaking occurs during or shortly after a rainfall. It may take some time for the water to appear, but if it appears during or after a rain, the roof is the place to look for the source
- “If there is active water dripping, it will often be brown or dirty if it comes from the roof. Water making its way into your home often picks up dirt and impurities along the way. …
- “In the attic, you may find damp and soggy insulation. Gain access to the attic and look for areas of insulation that show signs of wetness.”
On the other hand, a plumbing leak has different characteristics:
- “If the leaking ceiling or visible water damage appears below a bathroom, kitchen, or inside ceiling spaces where you know plumbing pipes are located, there is a very good chance that the source of the problem lies either with water supply pipes or drain pipes that have developed leaks. …
- “Water leaking from the ceiling is often clear water, rather than brown and dirty, if a faulty plumbing pipe is the culprit. …
- “Leaking will usually be quite steady if the ceiling leak is plumbing-related. Especially if a water-supply pipe is to blame, the water dripping from the ceiling may be never-ending. Problems with drain pipes may cause more intermittent leaking, but unlike roof leaks, there is no correlation to weather conditions.”
If you find you have a plumbing leak – or if you’re still not sure what type of leak you have – your best bet is to find a trusted plumber to detect and fix a plumbing leak. You can find such a plumber at Billy the Sunshine Plumber.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber has been the go-to plumber for Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties since 1924. Billy the Sunshine Plumber has repaired a lot of leaks in that almost-century of business.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber is here to help you 24/7/365. Evenings, weekends, holidays, or during COVID-19 lockdown, Billy the Sunshine Plumber is always here to help you.
Billy the Sunshine Plumber | Leaks | Leak Detection | I Need a Plumber | Plumber Near Me
#BillytheSunshinePlumber #Leaks #LeakDetection #INeedaPlumber #PlumberNearMe